Lasik Eye Surgery results in accurate correction of a wide variety of refractive errors including myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism. There is a large body of clinical evidence and consumer database worldwide that speaks in favor of Lasik vision correction. Vision correction by Lasik surgery is generally recommended for prospective patients:
• Who are at least 18 years of age with good ocular health history
• Who have low, moderate and even a high degree of nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism
• In many cases, Lasik can be done for patients as a monovision correction (for individuals in the 40 plus age group) to preserve reading vision.
• For patients with Anisometropic Amblyopia, commonly referred to as a “lazy eye”
Individuals interested in undergoing Laser eye surgical treatments should know that Lasik surgery is not the only treatment available for vision correction. Interested candidates are advised to consult with ophthalmic surgeons who have extensive lasik surgery experience to find out whether he or she is suitable for undergoing Lasik and about other alternatives. In all circumstances, individuals should make decisions on the types of Laser surgical procedure needed and best suited for them only after a detailed consultation with ophthalmologists and a thorough ophthalmic evaluation. Individuals like pregnant women, lactating mothers and patients suffering from uncontrolled diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis etc or having Keratoconus, cataract or glaucoma may not be suitable candidates. Patients with previous Inflammatory eye diseases such as Iritis, Scleritis, Uveitis and viral Keratitis, herpes eye infection, etc are not recommended for Lasik vision surgery.
Lasik vision correction has been popularized as the most preferred refractive error correcting procedure of choice all over the world. The final outcome from Lasik surgery is most frequently seen to be what the patient hopes for. Several recent studies and reviews of existing literature on Lasik surgery show that the vision from Lasik surgery results in long-term, stable vision correction with an improved quality of vision and excellent patient satisfaction worldwide. The representative clinical results of Lasik vision correction show that 95% of Lasik patients have 20/40 or better vision in the post-operative periods and around 85% end up with 20/20 or better vision.
Lasik vision correction encompasses many significant benefits like:
• Technique- Availability of customized treatment options
• Treatment- relatively painless operation and rapid post-operative visual recovery
• Lasik has proved effective in the removal of optical distortions such as spherical aberration, coma, decreased contrast-sensitivity etc.
• Lasik may result in short-term postoperative undercorrected/overcorrected refractions and visual acuity, but in the long run provides better visual function.
• Post-operative Risks and Complications- low incidence of health risk and less pronounced contraindications for the surgery.
• Last but not the least, you can finally get rid of your spectacles and contacts lenses and flaunt your beautiful eyes with sharper, clearer vision. Lasik Vision Correction is well worth the price!